Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11

I know I'm late posting about 9/11. I didn't forget! I remember that day very well even though I was only 12. My mom had let us sleep in that morning and she came in my room freaking out about something, telling me to wake up! I woke up and came out and watched the tv, not just on that day, but for days, weeks, even months later not only about this tragic day in American History, but thinking in my mind "Would this happen again? Would I die? Would my family die?" I didn't completely understand the magnitude of what had just happened in New York, Washington DC and let us not forget the plane that was crashed in a Pennsylvania field! I was only 12. I remember talking to my parents about it trying to figure out what was going on, why this was happening. I remember one time my dad telling me "It's because some people in the world hate Americans because of the way God has blessed us! They can't have it and they would rather kill us and see us suffer than to see us flourish! Because America IS the greatest country in the world!" That made a huge impact on me and to this day I still believe that is true! The men and women who lost their lives that day will never be forgotten! The police, firefighters, rescue workers and emergency workers who lost their lives on this day 11yrs ago and days following will never be forgotten! The troops who have lost their lives in direct resonse to this attack will never be forgotten! There are men, women and children in this group that passed away. There are men without their wives, without their children, without their brothers or sisters because of this day! There are women without their husband, without their children and without their brothers and sisters because of this day! Their are children without there dad or their mom or both, without their brothers or their sisters because of this day. I love my country and today I feel that our freedoms are being attacked again but domestically this time. We need to rise up and become the nation we should be! And the Nation we once were MANY MANY YEARS ago! Let us never forget this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment