Friday, October 5, 2012

Listening AND obeying that still small voice!

I have a few questions that I'm working on in my spiritual life right now. Why do we struggle with the things of God when they become an inconvenience for us? Why do we treat what God has asked to do as a burden at times? I woke up at about 3 to 3:30 this morning and had 2 people laid upon my heart, both to pray for and one to send an encouraging word too, which I was supposed to send earlier. But FIRST before I began praying for them I laid in bed and argued with God about getting up! I wanted to go back to sleep! I was tired! I said I'll do it when I wake up. God was so insistent on me getting up! So I finally got up, very reluctantly and began writing this message to them. It went by great! 30 minutes or so and bam I was done! Towards the end while I was still writing a song came on that reminded me of the other person and something they had mentioned to me earlier that week. So I re-played the song when it ended and then went to bed. As I was laying there God spoke to me and said "Are you really going to try and ignore me again? I just gave you a song to send to that person and you still come to lay down!" I was like "DUDE, God, it's 4am! Give me a break! I'm sleepy and tired and I'll do it first thing in the morning!" NO, do it NOW! He was so on me about getting up! So I once again reluctantly did. Found the link to this song, which is Matthew West's "The Motions" I sat and listened and watched the music video, which brought me to tears! I don't want to go through the motions with God! Read the lyrics, look up the song, EXTREMELY powerful!  Anyways I finally sent that person the link and a little message attached with it. So I was finally FREE to go lay down! YES! SLEEP! I sat on the end of the bed and said a little prayer that was something like this, "God, I love you and all but if theres anything else you want me to do, RIGHT NOW would be a good time to tell me before I lay down to go back to sleep." I said it in a very jovial way and began laughing once I finished, which then turned into a river of tears! I began bawling my eyes out. God hit me right between the eyes! "Why do you feel that I am a burden? Why do you feel that what I'm asking is not as important as what your about to do?" I just cried and cried for a good ten minutes. Then in the middle of crying God quickened me to go and write down what had just happened. This time I QUICKLY rose from my bed and went to writing! There was no need to argue. But seriously, why do we treat God as a burden SO often and don't even realize it! I didn't purposely do that, I was just tired and wanted to go back to bed. But we should be as Samuel was with Eli and then God in 1 Samuel 3:4-14. "Here I am Lord, your servant Samuel, use me." "Samuel" He rose up QUICKLY and hearkened unto Eli 3 separate times. The Bible says their eyes waxed dim, they were tired, each time their eyes waxed dim and each time Samuel still rose up and hearkened unto Eli. The third time Eli finally realized it was the Lord and he spoke to Samuel and told him what to do. It took 3 times for me to finally listen to God without arguing. 3 times just as Samuel, 3 times God called me! Don't allow God to call you 3 times! Do it the first time, without question! Treat God as a privilege and honor to daily commune with! For he has NEVER treated us as burdens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment